GRILLED STEAK SANDWICH w/ horseradish spread
(Inspired by a Cusine at Home recipe)
For the Horseradish Spread:
¼ C. Mayo
¼ C. cream cheese, softened
2 T. sour cream
2 T. horseradish
2 scallions; chopped
1 T. white wine vinegar
1 t. Dijon mustard
Salt & pepper to taste
For the Steak Sandwich:
1 lb. flank or sirloin steak, olive oil, salt & pepper
4 roll’s of choice
2 C. fresh spinach
1 C. thinly sliced cucumber
1. Combine all the ingredients for the spread. Whisk until well combined. Set aside.
2. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
3. Coat the steak with olive oil and season with salt & pepper. Grill steak, covered 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare, or 5-6 minutes per side for medium.
4. Remove steak from the grill, tent with foil, and rest for at least 5 minutes.
5. Slice steak against the grain into thin strips.
6. Reduce grill heat to low. Brush cut side of bread lightly with oil; season with salt & pepper. Grill bread, cut side down, covered, until lightly toasted about 1 or 2 minutes.
7. To serve, spread horseradish spread on the cut side of bottom bread. Layer with spinach, steak strips, and cucumber, then top with remaining bread.
8. Serves 4.