CREAMY CORN FETTUCCINE w/ grilled chicken
(Adapted from a Cuisine at Home recipe)
½ lb. fettuccine noodles
1 ½ C. fresh corn kernels
2 T. butter
½ C. onion; diced
1 T. garlic; minced
1/2 C. heavy cream
1 t. sugar
1 C. grape tomatoes; halved (or diced fresh tomatoes)
¼ C. fresh basil; thinly sliced
1 t. fresh lemon juice
¼ C. Parmesan; grated
salt & pepper to taste
2 large chicken breasts; grilled and sliced
1. Boil water and cook fettuccine noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. Sauté onion and garlic in butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
3. Add corn kernels, cream and sugar; simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, basil, lemon juice and Parmesan. Cook for 2 minutes or until ingredients are well incorporated.
5. Season with salt & pepper.
6. Toss in the pasta and serve topped with grilled chicken.
7. Serves 4.