- Serve drizzled over grilled chicken
- Toss with pasta and veggies for an awesome salad
- Reduce the amount of oil in the pesto to make a thicker sauce, then roll or stuff into chicken, beef or pork
- Stir into mashed potatoes, for an amazing new side dish to go with grilled chicken, fish, or beef
- Toss with roasted veggies or roasted potatoes
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
I've posted a recipe for Pesto Butter, Creamy Pesto Pasta, Butternut Squash Ravioli with Pesto Butter, Herb Butter etc...etc... But I realized a few weeks ago, that I've never posted my favorite recipe for just good old Pesto!
I love this recipe because it has a little twist on most standard Pesto recipes; a surprise of mint in the sauce. The mint gives it an edge of flavor you don't expect. But the best thing about pesto is the overall versatility of this stuff. There are so many things you can do with Pesto. I have some awesome recipes with pesto and I plan to post some over the next little while, but in the mean time here are a few ideas to tide you over.
I could go on...but you'll have to wait for the recipes!
This particular night I tossed the pesto with some cooked tortellini, and some fresh tomatoes from our garden. It was delicious!