PASTA WITH HERB BUTTER AND CHEESE
1/2 lb. penne pasta or pasta of choice
2 T. herb butter, or more if you like (see recipe below)
1/2 C. Parmesan or Asiago Cheese; grated
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain.
2. Toss the pasta with the herb butter and cheese.
3. Eat immediately.
4. Serves 4.
1 C. butter; softened (2 sticks)
1/2 C. fresh basil leaves
1/2 C. fresh mint leaves
1/2 C. fresh chives; chopped
1 t. salt
1 t. pepper
1. Place the softened butter in a food processor, along with the herbs, salt & pepper.
2. Blend or pulse until everything is well incorporated.
3. Place the herb butter in an air tight container and place in the refrigerator until you're ready to use.
4. The butter will stay fresh for up to 2 weeks. You can also freeze for up to 6 months.