FLAXSEED OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
¾ C. butter (1 ½ sticks)
¾ C. granulated sugar
¾ C. lightly packed brown sugar
1 ½ C. flaxseed, lightly grounded
2 large eggs
1 t. vanilla
1 ¾ C. whole wheat flour
½ T. baking soda
1 ½ C. oatmeal
1 ½ C. chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, cream the butter and sugars; add flaxseed and set aside.
3. In another small bowl, beat eggs and vanilla together. Combine with flax mixture.
4. Sift together the flour and soda. Mix in oatmeal and combine with other ingredients.
5. Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
6. The dough will be thick. Form into balls and place on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
7. Cook for 10-12 minutes.
8. Makes about 3-4 dozen.