BAKED POTATO SOUP
½ white onion; finely diced
1 clove garlic; minced
2 T. butter
32 oz. chicken stock
¾ - 1 oz. fresh chives; diced
4 large russet potato’s; baked (or 8 small, fist size potatoes)
salt & pepper
1 C. sour cream
Cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon & sour cream
1. In a large stock pot, melt the butter. Sauté the onion and garlic until translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
2. Add the stock and chives and bring to a simmer.
3. Roughly dice or chop the baked potato’s leaving the skins on.
4. Add the potato’s to the stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer for about 20 minutes. The potatoes should fall apart leaving some chucks, but also thickening the soup.
5. Season generously with salt & pepper to taste.
6. Add the sour cream and continue to simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
7. Serve topped with cheese, bacon and sour cream as desired.