1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon dried lavender flowers (Make sure they are cooking grade, found in some grocery stores or at baking shops.)
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup self-rising flour (make sure to use self-rising, found at most any grocery store)
2 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 count muffin pan, or 24 count mini-muffin pan with paper liners.
2. Put the sugar and lavender flowers in a food processor. Process briefly to combine.
3. Put the lavender sugar into a bowl with the butter and beat together until pale and fluffy.
4. Beat the eggs into the butter mixture, one at a time.
5. Sift in the flour and fold gently.
6. Stir in the milk, then spoon the mixture into the muffin cups.
7. Bake for about 18 minutes until risen and golden and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
8. Frost with butter cream frosting.