SHREDDED CHICKEN BLACK BEAN BURRITOS
For the Chicken:
1 packet Italian dressing mix; prepared according to package instructions
¼ C. lime juice
1 T. cumin
1 T. chili powder
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper
3-4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (frozen or fresh)
For the Beans:
2 cans black beans in juices
1 can diced cilantro and lime tomatoes
For the rice:
4-6 green onions diced
¼ C. cilantro, chopped
2 T. lime juice
1 ½ C. raw white rice
2 C. water
sour cream (optional)
1. Add to the prepared Italian dressing, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well.
2. Place the chicken in a crock pot. Pour the prepared sauce over the chicken and cook on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is done.
3. Remove the chicken from the crock pot and shred.
4. Place the shredded chicken back in the crock pot with the juice and allow to cook for an additional 30-60 minutes.
5. About an hour before the chicken will be done, mix together the beans and tomatoes in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and allow to simmer for about 45-60 minutes.
6. In a separate sauce pan mix the water, onions, lime juice, cilantro and salt. Bring to a boil.
7. Add the rice and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and fluff.
8. Assemble the burritos by putting rice, beans, chicken, cheese, sour cream, olives and guacamole into each tortilla. Wrap and enjoy.