Anyway, I'm not going to lie to you...the enchilada's in this picture are made with shredded chicken, not crab. Have I mentioned that my husband hates crab. However, if you like crab, and can afford it, I highly recommend you try the real thing. But if you're like my hubby...go for the chicken, they'll still be delicious.
CRAB & CREAM CHEESE ENCHILADA’S
1 C. fresh lump crab meat (you can also use shredded chicken)
5 ounces cream cheese, softened
½ C. sour cream
2 C. shredded Cheddar cheese
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
1 t. Cumin
2 t. chili powder
1 t. garlic powder
Tortilla’s (corn or flour which ever you prefer*)
1 (10 oz.) can enchilada sauce (green or red which ever you prefer**)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Mix the crab meat, cream cheese, sour cream, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, green chilies, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and salt & pepper.
3. Roll about 1/8 to ¼ cup filling into each tortilla. Line the tortilla’s in the prepared 9x13 pan.
4. Pour the enchilada sauce on top and sprinkle with the additional 1 cup cheese.
5. Bake in preheated oven for about 45-60 minutes or until nice and bubbly.
6. Makes 8-12 enchilada’s, depending on the size of your tortilla’s and how much filling you use in each.
*I prefer corn, but used flour because that’s what I had on hand. They really both taste great.
**Once again I’ve tried both and either tastes great.