OLIVE OIL PARMESAN BLACK PEPPER POPCORN
1/4 C. olive oil
1/2 C. popcorn corn kernels
fresh ground black pepper to taste
sea salt to taste
1/4 C. fresh grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a large pot with a lid (at least 2 qt.), or stock pot with a lid, add the olive oil and popcorn kernels.
2. Place the lid on the pot and put the pot over high heat.
3. Allow to heat until the you start to hear sizzling and the popcorn start to pop, then reduce the heat to medium/high.
4. Watch the pot carefully and allow all the popcorn to pop. Once the popping slows down or stops, take the popcorn off the heat. Let it rest for about a minute (with lid on), then take the lid off and poor into a large bowl.
5. Immediately toss in the cheese, salt and pepper. Start with about 1 or 2 teaspoons of salt & pepper then add more to taste. (Make sure you add the cheese first when the popcorn is the most hot. This will allow the cheese to melt a bit and adhere to the popcorn.)