RANCH CHICKEN TORTELLINI SALAD
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 T. lemon juice
2 T. red wine vinegar
4 T. olive oil
2 t. garlic powder
1 t. salt
1 t. pepper
1 lb. cheese tortellini; cooked to package directions and set aside (I use Bertolli)
½ C. roasted pine nuts (optional)
½ C. basil; rough chopped
½ C. Parmesan or Asiago Cheese; grated
2 large Roma tomatoes; diced (or one pkg. grape tomatoes; sliced in half)
1 C. Ranch Dressing (I make Hidden Valley, but feel free to use what ever brand you prefer.)
1. In a zip lock bag or bowl, combine the chicken, lemon juice, vinegar, oil, garlic powder, salt & pepper. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
2. Grill the chicken, then allow to rest for 10 minutes. Slice thin and set aside.
3. Cook the tortellini according to package directions. Drain, and set aside to cool.
4. When the chicken and the pasta are cool, Toss together and add the nuts, basil, cheese, tomatoes and dressing. Mix until well combined.
5. Eat immediately or allow to chill in the refrigerator for up to 1 hour. If you’re making it the night before and plan to take it to a party or event, you may want to wait to add the dressing until right before serving, or you can just add a little more dressing later.