GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE FROSTING
(Recipe from Grandma Woolf)
1 1/2 C. sugar
12 oz. evaporated milk
3/4 C. butter
3 egg yokes; slightly beaten
2 t. vanilla
2 C. coconut
1 C. pecans; chopped
1. Melt the butter over medium heat in a large sauce pan.
2. Add the milk, sugar, egg yokes and vanilla. Bring to a low boil.
3. Allow to boil until it starts to thicken. Continue cooking for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the coconut and pecans.
5. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
6. Frost your favorite chocolate cake!