CHOCOLATE CINNAMON CAKE
(Recipe adapted by Cuisine at Home)
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon table salt
2 cups hot water
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 with rack in the center.
2. Spray two 8" round cake pans with nonstick spray.
3. Whisk dry cake ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
4. Combine water, oil, vinegar, cinnamon, and vanilla in a large measuring cup.
5. Add to the dry ingredients and whisk until combined- a few lumps are ok.
6. Divide batter between the two pans (about 3 cups each), then bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (35- 40 min).
7. Cool cakes for 15 minutes on a rack, then invert them onto the rack.
8. Leave upside down until completely cooled before frosting them.
CHOCOLATE CINNAMON BUTTER CREAM FROSTING
½ C. butter softened
½ - 1 C. coco powder (the more coco the more chocolaty the frosting)
Pinch of salt
½ t. vanilla
1 lb. powdered sugar
2 t. cinnamon
1/3 C. milk
1. Mix butter and vanilla until well combined.
2. Add 2 C. of the powdered sugar, salt, coco powder, cinnamon and mix well.
3. Add the milk and mix again.
4. Continue to add powdered sugar until desired frosting consistency.