REESES PEANUT BUTTER CUPCAKES
8 ounces cream cheese (about 1 cup), softened
2 egg whites
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 box chocolate fudge cake mix
1 cup water
36 mini Reese’s Peanut Butter cups
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two 12 count muffin tin with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, egg whites and vegetable oil. Using a mixer, beat the ingredients until combined and creamy.
3. Add the cake mix and water and mix until smooth, about 3 minutes.
4. Fill the muffin cups about ¾ full. Place 1 mini Reese Peanut Butter Cup on top of the batter. Do not put the cup down into the batter, just set it on top.
5. Bake about 18 to 20 minutes. The Reese’s will settle down into the cupcake as they bake. If it leaves a little of a crater or divot don’t worry, you will be topping with frosting anyway.
6. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly in the tin, then transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack.
7. When cool, frost with Chocolate Peanut Butter frosting. Then top each cupcake with a mini peanut butter cup sliced in half.
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
1 C. smooth peanut butter
½ C. butter
3 T. coco powder
3-4 C. powdered sugar
1. Beat the peanut butter and butter with a mixer until smooth.
2. Add the coco powder and mix well.
3. Add the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time until desired thickness of frosting.
4. If you need to thin it out a little, add a couple tablespoons of milk.