BERRY CHEESECAKE TART
1 sheet puff pastry
1 10 oz. bag frozen mixed berries (about 2 C.)
1 T. sugar
1 8 oz. pkg. Neufchatel low fat cream cheese; room temperature
2 T. lemon juice
½ C. sugar
¼ C. flour
1. Bring the sheet of puff pastry to room temperature by letting it defrost on the counter for about 40 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, combine the berries with 1 tablespoon of sugar. Allow to defrost for at least 20 minutes or so.
3. In a mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, lemon juice and sugar. Mix until well combined.
4. Add the egg and the flour and mix again for 2-3 minutes.
5. Roll out the puff pastry to about 16x11 inches.
6. Place the pasty on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
7. Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the puff pastry, leaving about a 2 inch edge around the outside.
8. Dollop the berries on top of the cream cheese mixture.
9. Take the edges of the puff pasty and fold up and over the cream cheese mixture about 1 to 2 inches.
10. Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minute or until the tart is golden brown.
I demoed this yummy desert on Studio 5, so if you like, you can click below and watch.