MINI ITALIAN MEATBALLS
1 lb of lean ground beef
4-6 small button mushroom; finely minced*
½ small white or yellow onion; grated or finely minced*
2-4 cloves garlic; grated or finely minced*
½ C. Panko bread crumbs
½ C. Parmesan cheese, grated
2 tsp. basil
1 tsp. rosemary
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
Splash of hot sauce
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients. Using your hands, mix until all ingredients are well combined.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet or large pan with Pam cooking spray.
3. Roll the mixture into ½ inch “mini” balls. Place on the baking sheet about ½ - 1 inch apart.
4. Spray the top of the meatballs with cooking spray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until done.
5. Makes about 75 meatballs.
*If you have a food processor, you can put the mushrooms, onion and garlic in whole then pulse until finely minced.
**This recipe makes a lot of meatballs. With my small family, I only cooked about 1/3 of them. I placed the remaining meatballs on a baking sheet and separated by ½ inch. Then I put it in the freezer for a couple hours. I then placed them in a Ziploc freezer bag, for future dinners. When I’m ready to eat them, I'll simply take out the number I need, place on a baking sheet and cook at 350 for about 30-35 minutes or until cooked through.