MAHI MAHI WITH LEMON GARLIC SAUCE
4 Mahi Mahi fillets (4-6 oz. each)
3/4 C. Panko bread crumbs
zest of 1 lemon
1 T. dry parsley
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. Italian Seasoning
salt & pepper
2 large cloves garlic
1 T. butter
1 T. olive oil
2 T. flour
juice of one lemon (about 1/8 cup)
½ C. chicken stock
½ C. milk
salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Dip each fillet in the bread crumb mixture. Make sure each fillet is well covered in bread crumb mixture. Place the fillets on the baking sheet and spray the top of each one with cooking spray.
3. Bake for about 10-15 minutes, depending on your oven. Make sure the fish is done, but not too dry.
4. While the fish is baking, melt the butter in a small sauce pan. Add the olive oil and allow to heat.
5. Add the garlic and sauté over medium heat.
6. Add the flour and stir to incorporate.
7. Add the lemon juice and chicken stock, cook for a minute then add the milk. Continue cooking until the sauce starts to thicken.
8. Season with salt & pepper.
9. Serve the sauce over top the baked fish fillets. Also serve with Seasoned Brown Rice (recipe below).
10. Serves 4.
*This dish can also be made with Talapi, or any other white fish. I’m sure Salmon would be good as well.
SEASONED BROWN RICE
1 ½ C. Chicken Stock
2 T. chives
1 t. salt
¾ C. brown rice
1. In a sauce pan over high heat, bring the chicken stock to a boil.
2. Add the chives, salt and brown rice.
3. Reduce heat to low and allow to cook for 50 minutes.
4. Fluff and serve.
5. Serves 4.