This one was a variation on a Cuisine at Home recipe from their "Cooking Light" book. It was a huge hit at our house. I served it with baked sweet potato fries and broccoli. Enjoy!
SWEET & SPICY LEMON GLAZE CHICKEN
(Adapted from a Cuisine at Home Recipe)
4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
½ C. Italian style Panko bread crumbs
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lemon (or about ¼ C.)
3 t. hot sauce
2 t. olive oil
1. In a small bowl mix the lemon zest, juice, honey and hot sauce. Mix until well combined. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Season the chicken with salt & pepper then dredge in the Panko bread crumbs.
4. Add the chicken to the hot oil and sauté until browned on both sides and cooked through, about 6 minutes per side.
5. When the chicken is cooked, remove it from the pan.
6. Add the lemon glaze to the pan; reduce until syrupy, about 1-2 minutes.
7. Return the chicken to the pan, turning to coat in the sauce. Cook for 1 minute.
8. Remove from the pan and serve immediately.
9. Serves 4