(Recipe from Dee VanCleeve)
16 oz. fresh spinach
1 ripe avocado; diced
1 pt. fresh strawberries; sliced
2 bananas; sliced
2 green onions; sliced
1. Clean spinach and tear into bite size pieces.
2. Place on 4 salad plates and top with fresh sliced fruit, green onions, & pine nuts
3. Drizzle with poppy seed dressing.
POPPY SEED DRESSING
¾ C. sugar
1 t. dry mustard
1 t. salt
1/ 3 C. red wine vinegar (apple cider vinegar can also be used)
½ small onion; diced
1 C. vegetable oil
2 T. poppy seeds
1. Combine all the ingredients, except the poppy seeds, in a blender or food processor.
2. Blend for 1-2 minutes until well combined.
3. Add the poppy seeds and pulse once or twice.
4. Store in the refrigerator until use.