A few years ago I made this delicious find; Raspberry Chipotle Sauce. I know it sounds crazy, but it's amazingly yummy. We use it as a replacement for BBQ sauce on chicken or steak for all our summer grilling. But recently I wanted to figure out another way to enjoy this condiment on days when it's too cold to break out the grill. I came up with this yummy cream sauce drizzled over Panko Chicken. It was an instant hit, and really easy. I also think the sauce would work on hamburgers, turkey or chicken sandwiches, or as a dipping sauce for chicken strips or nuggets.
PANKO CHICKEN WITH RASPBERRY CHIPOTLE CREAM SAUCE
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, butterflied and pounded to 1/4" thickness
1 1/2 C. Panko bread crumbs
salt & pepper
spike seasoning blend (or your favorite seasoning blend)
2 eggs, beaten
1 C. Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce
1 C. half & half (or evaporated milk)
1/4 C. chicken stock
1 T. butter
1. In a medium size sauce pan, combine the Raspberry Chipotle sauce, half & half, stock and butter.
2. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 10-12 minutes until the sauce is slightly thickened. (Remember that the sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.)
3. Meanwhile, heat 2 T. of olive oil over medium/high heat in a large skillet.
4. Take the pounded chicken and season it with spike seasoning.
5. Combined the Panko bread crumbs with salt & pepper to taste.
6. Dredge the chicken in the beaten eggs, then the Panko bread crumbs. Shake to remove excess.
7. Saute the chicken in the hot olive oil for 4-5 minutes per side, or until the chicken is golden brown and done in the center.
8. Serve the chicken drizzled with the raspberry chipotle sauce.
9. Serves 4-6 people.