1 onion chopped
1 clove garlic minced
1 (32 oz) can chicken stock
2 C. shredded chicken
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp lemon pepper
1 can green chilies
2 cans beans, with the juices (black, white, or chili…pick your favorite)
2 cans corn (or 1 large bag frozen corn)
¼ C. lime juice
spiced tortilla strips (see recipe below)
1. Sauté onion and garlic in large stock pot for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add all other ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15-30 minutes to emulsify flavors.
3. Serve each bowl topped with grated cheese, sour cream, spiced tortilla strips, cilantro and fresh squeezed lime.
SPICED TORTILLA STRIPS
15 white corn tortillas
1 T. chili powder
2 t. kosher salt
¼ C. veg. or olive oil
1. Cut tortillas into small strips of desired length.
2. In a large plastic bag drizzle with olive oil, salt and chili powder.
3. Toss bag to coat all strips.
4. Spread strips on a foil lined cookie sheet, sprayed with cooking spray.
5. Bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until desired crispness.