ASIAN BBQ PORK
(Recipe adapted from Cuisine at Home)
1 jar hoisin sauce (8 oz.)
½ C. honey
½ C. chicken broth
¼ C. chili garlic sauce
¼ C. rice vinegar
2 T. soy sauce
2 T. toasted sesame oil
2 T. garlic, minced
2 T. fresh ginger, minced
2 T. veg. oil
8 Country style spare ribs or pork chops
1. Combine first 9 ingredients for the BBQ sauce; mix well.
2. Heat the veg. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Season ribs or chops with salt and pepper.
4. Sauté the meat until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
5. Add half the BBQ sauce and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and allow to cook for 15 minutes.
7. Flip ribs, cover and continue to cook for an additional 15 minutes.
8. Add the rest of the BBQ sauce and continue to cook uncovered for another 15 minutes.
9. Serve over rice.
10. Serves 8 people.
*This recipe could easily be adapted to a crock pot. Follow steps 1 – 4. At this point remove pork from the skillet and put it into a crock pot. Pour the sauce over the top and cook on low for 4-6 hours. The meat will be fall-apart tender. Serve over rice.