But...surprise, surprise...his response to my complaints..."Let's try some fish." He has never said that to me before, and this isn't the first time I've complained about my Omega 3 deficiency. He suggested that maybe he could develop a taste for it, with increased exposure and if it were cooked with yummy flavors he already liked.
So we tried it this week...the recipe below. I'm happy to report...He liked it, he liked it.
It's a miracle! I just may get fish back in my diet after all.
SWEET AND SPICY SALMON
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
6 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup dill weed
3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 (2 pound) salmon fillet
1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well.
2. Remove 1/2 cup of the mixture to a saucepan; simmer until heated through.
3. Set aside remaining mixture for basting.
4. Sprinkle salmon with lemon-pepper and salt.
5. Place on a piece of tin foil, then on the grill.
6. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes. Brush with the reserved brown sugar mixture.
7. Grill 10-15 minutes longer, basting occasionally, until fish flakes easily with a fork.
8. Serve with the warmed sauce.