Monday, December 13, 2010
Don't forget, you only have 2 more days to enter to win a $100 VISA gift card. Click HERE for details. Winner will be announced this Thursday!
I must have a thing with peppermint this season. It seems to be my "go to" craving for holiday treats. As I was flipping through my Ghirardelli Chocolate cookbook, trying to find ways to use up all that yummy chocolate they sent me, I decided to take their white chocolate fudge and add a little holiday twist.
I'm not usually a big fan of white chocolate, but with the peppermint addition I was sold!
WHITE CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT FUDGE
(Recipe adapted from Ghirardelli Chocolate Cook Book)
8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
4 C. confectioners' sugar
1 1/4 t. vanilla extract
12 oz. Ghirardelli White Chocolate baking bar, broken or chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
1 C. crushed peppermint candy cane's
1. Line an 8 inch square baking dish with waxed paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla t medium speed until smooth.
3. In the top of a double boiler or in a heatproof bowl placed over barely simmering water, melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally until smooth.
4. Stir the chocolate into the cream cheese mixture and add the crushed candy canes. Reserve a couple tablespoons to sprinkle on top.
5. Spread the mixture into the prepared basking pan.
6. Chill in the refrigerator until firm, at least 2 hours.
7. Cut into 36 pieces to serve.
Seriously this recipe was so easy and quite tasty. I decided to package them up and send them to work with my husband to share with all his co-workers for Christmas.
P.S. I had a little help from Martha Stewart with these adorable Candy Cane inspired packages purchased at my local craft store.