HAWAIIAN BBQ CHICKEN WRAPS
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breast
Salt & Pepper
BBQ Sauce – Your favorite brand
4-6 slices of bacon; diced
1 small red onion; diced (or ½ of a large onion)
1 – 8 oz. can pineapple tidbits
2 Roma tomatoes; diced
1 C. shredded romaine lettuce
4-6 flour tortillas
1 C. mozzarella cheese
1. In a medium skillet cook the bacon until crispy. Remove the bacon and drain off the fat, leaving about 1 T. in the pan.
2. Add the onion and pineapple to the skillet, cook until the onion’s start to release their juices, about 3-4 minutes. Add the bacon back to the pan and continue cooking over medium heat until the onion’s start to caramelize.
3. In the mean time, season the chicken with salt & pepper. Grill approximately 6 minutes per side, basting with barbeque sauce as they cook. When the chicken is done, remove from the grill and allow to rest.
4. Sprinkle a generous amount of mozzarella cheese on the tortilla’s and broil on high for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
5. Slice the rested chicken into thin strips.
6. Stack the wraps as follows:
Tortilla with cheese
7. Roll up and devour! Serves 4.