SPINACH BASIL PASTA
½ lb. pasta (bowtie, penne, what ever you like)
1 T. olive oil
1 large or 2 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
½ C. chopped fresh basil
¼ C. chopped fresh mint leaves
salt & pepper
½ C. heavy cream or half & half
½ C. grated Asiago cheese (you can also use Parmesan)
5 C. fresh spinach leaves
1. Cook the pasta according to the package. Drain the pasta and set aside.
2. In a small bowl combine the cream, egg, and cheese. Whisk and set aside.
3. In a large skillet heat the olive oil. Add the chicken, season with salt & pepper and sauté’ over medium high heat.
4. When the chicken is about half way cooked, add the lemon zest, juice, basil and mint. Finish sautéing until the chicken is done.
5. Turn the heat to medium and add the cream mixture. Stir to combine and cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add the cooked pasta and the spinach. I usually add the spinach about 1 cup at a time, stirring until the spinach wilts into the pasta.
7. Once all the ingredients are combined, serve immediately.
8. Serves 4 people.