RASPBERRY CREAM CHEESE MUFFINS
(Recipe adapted from All Recipes)
2/3 cup (5 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large egg whites
1 large egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Combine cream cheese and butter in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at high speed until well blended.
3. Add sugar; beat until fluffy. Add vanilla, egg whites, and egg; beat well.
4. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
5. With mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture and buttermilk to cream cheese mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
6. Gently fold in raspberries.
7. Place 24 muffin cup liners in muffin tins. Spoon batter evenly into liners.
8. Bake at 350° 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans; cool on a wire rack.