1 C. Panko bread crumbs
salt and pepper to taste
2 T. vegetable oil
4 pork steaks or cutlets, cut or pounded very thin
2 T. butter
1 small onion, minced
1 pkg. fresh button mushrooms
1 C. chicken stock
1 T. cornstarch
1/2 cup sour cream
1. Pour the bread crumbs into a shallow dish. Season the pork cutlets with salt & pepper, then dredge in the bread crumbs.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the pork in the oil for about 5 minutes per side or until the pork is cooked through.
3. Remove the pork form the pan, transfer to a platter and keep warm.
4. Remove any burnt bits from the skillet. Over medium-high heat, melt the butter in the skillet.
5. Add the onion and mushrooms, season with salt and pepper. Saute for 3-4 minutes until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms have released their juices.
6. Add the chicken stock and continue cooking for several minutes until the mushrooms are soft and the stock has reduced a little.
7. Mix the sour cream and corn starch in a small bowl. Add the mixture to the pan and stir to incorporate.
8. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly.
9. Serve the sauce over the pork cutlets.