Well...challenge accepted, and challenge completed. It actually wasn't too hard, just required a scale and a little math. It's a good thing I have always been good at math...spelling, not so much...but math has always been a strong point.
So if you were also a fan of the Pareo Chicken Wraps at the Tahitian Noni Cafe, today's your lucky day! I hope you enjoy.
PAREO CHICKEN WRAPS
6 12” Tomato Basil Tortilla
1 recipe Island Lime Rice (see below)
1 recipe Black Bean Salsa (see below)
2 C. shredded chicken
2 C. Monterey Jack Cheese- shredded
1 recipe Chipotle Ranch Dressing (see below)
2 C. shredded lettuce
2 roma tomatoes; diced
1. Lay the tortilla flat and layer ingredients as follows:
black bean salsa
chipotle ranch Dressing
2. Wrap the tortilla tight, tucking in each end.
3. You can eat fresh or place on a George Forman grill for about 2 minutes.
ISLAND LIME RICE
1 C. Jasmine long-grain rice
1 C. cold water
½ C. chicken stock
1 T. butter
½ t. salt
¼ C. cilantro- chopped
2 T. lime juice
1. In a large sauce pan bring the water and chicken stock to a boil.
2. Add the rice, butter and salt.
3. Cover the pan and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes.
4. When the rice is cooked, fluff then stir in the cilantro and lime juice. Mix well.
BLACK BEAN SALSA
1 Can black beans; drained and rinsed
1 C. frozen corn; thawed and drained
1 small or ½ large red pepper; diced
Zest of 1 lime
2 T. lime juice
3 T. cilantro; chopped
1 jalapeno; diced
1 t. salt
½ t. pepper
1. Mix all ingredients together to form the salsa.
CHIPOTLE RANCH DRESSING
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
½ C. mayo
½ C. sour cream
1 C. milk
1 Chipotle Pepper with 2 T. Adobo sauce (from 1 can of Chipotle Peppers packed in Adobo sauce. You can find these in the Mexican section at most supermarkets.)*
1. In a blender pour the milk and the ranch dressing powder. Mix on high until well blended.
2. Add the mayo and sour cream. Blend on high again for a few second.
3. Add 1 chipotle pepper and 2 T. of Adobo sauce from the can. Blend again until the dressing comes together.
4. Allow to set up in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.