COUNTRY BAKED CHICKEN WITH HERB GRAVY
4 small chicken breasts; boneless, skinless
salt & pepper
1 C. Panko bread crumbs
2 T. fresh sage; minced
2 T. fresh rosemary; minced
2 T. butter
2 T. flour
1 1/2 C. chicken stock
1 C. whole or 2% milk
salt & pepper
For the Chicken:
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tin-foil and spray with cooking spray.
2. Season the chicken breast with salt & pepper. Dredge them in the Panko bread crumbs and place on the prepared baking sheet.
3. Spray the tops of the chicken with cooking spray.
4. Bake for 30-45 minutes or until the chicken is done. (Cooking time may vary based on the size of your chicken breasts.)
5. When the chicken is done. Turn the oven off and turn the broiler on. Put the chicken under the broiler for 2-4 minutes or until the top of the chicken browns up and is nice and crispy.
For the Gravy:
1. About 10 minutes before the chicken is done, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the herbs and sauté for 2-4 minutes or until the herbs have softened.
3. Add the flour; stir until all the flour has been absorbed into the butter and a rough is formed.
4. Add the chicken stock and milk. Stir until the sauce thickens and gravy forms.
5. Season well with salt & pepper.
6. Serve over crispy oven baked chicken.
Serve the chicken with mashed potatoes and peas!