CHOCOLATE BUNT CAKE WITH GANACHE AND BERRIES
1 devils food cake mix
1 jar marshmallow cream
For the Ganache:
12 oz. dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
3 T. corn syrup
6 oz. heavy cream
1 t. vanilla
fresh or frozen berries (If available...fresh raspberries are the best!)
1. Prepare the devils food cake mix batter as indicated on the box.
2. Grease and flour a bunt pan.
3. Poor half the batter into the bunt pan. Then spoon the marshmallow cream* around the center of the batter. Poor the rest of the batter on top of the marshmallow cream.
4. Bake the cake to the time specifications for a bunt pan as indicated on the box.
5. When the cake is baked. Allow to cool, then invert the cake onto a cooling rack. Set the rack on top of a baking sheet.
6. In a sauce pan over medium heat, bring the cream and corn syrup to a simmer.
7. Add the chocolate, remove from the heat and stir until the chocolate melts and the sauce comes together. Stir in the vanilla.
8. Poor the ganache over the cake. Be sure to cover the entire cake. The spill over will poor into the baking sheet.
9. Using two large spatulas transfer the cake to a serving dish.
10. Allow the ganache to set up.
11. Serve with fresh or frozen berries.
12. If you’re displaying the cake, or I want it to look really pretty. I fill the middle of the bunt cake with the fresh berries. Raspberries are my favorite.
*Just to clarify, there won't be a marshmallow creme middle. The marshmallow just melts into the cake, making it super moist and yummy!