Anyway, I'm feeling a little bad. After my mashed potato post I've gotten several emails and calls from friends asking for more Thanksgiving recipes and tips. I should have been more prepared, but I just wasn't. I really hadn't planned on doing very many Thanksgiving recipes, because I won't be cooking any. I hope you'll all forgive me. I will however be guest hosting on Tangled & True later this week with several awesome cranberry sauce recipes. I'll keep you posted on the day of that post. Also, if you need some advice, direction or ideas, I welcome your emails and phone calls. I'm happy to help you in any way I can! I do promise to be better prepared for Christmas. I will have several holiday idea's and recipes ready to go.
In the mean time I will keep giving you great everyday family and kid friendly recipes. Like this amazing quiche.
HASH BROWN CRUSTED QUICHE
(Adapted from a Paula Dean Recipe)
2-3 C. shredded hash browns
¼ C. butter; melted
salt & pepper
5 eggs; beaten
1 ½ C. half & half
1 C. cubed ham (I use Canadian bacon)
3/4 C. diced green onions
2 C. cheddar cheese; grated
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Mix the hash browns with the melted butter. Season with salt & pepper.
3. Press the hash browns into a 9” deep pie pan.
4. Bake for 25 minutes or until the hash browns are golden brown. Remove from the oven and reduce the heat to 350 degrees.
5. In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, half & half, ham, onions, and cheese.
6. Pour the egg mixture into the pie pan. Return to the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the quiche is set.