APPLE PEAR TART
1 sheet puff pastry dough, defrosted
2 large granny smith apples; peeled, cored and sliced
2 pears; peeled, cored and sliced (your favorite kind)
2 t. lemon juice
2 T. sugar
2 T. flour
1 t. cinnamon
½ t. salt
1/2 C. brown Sugar
1/2 C. flour
1/2 C. oatmeal
½ C. butter; melted
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. On a floured surface, roll out the puff pastry dough until double in size. Leave as a square. Transfer the pastry to a large baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
3. In a small bowl combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt.
4. Arrange the sliced apples and pears in a circle, building outward to fill the center of the puff pastry sheet. I do one circle of apples, then a circle of pears, but you could also do apple, pear, apple pear etc… Leave at least a 2” edge of pastry around the sides.
5. Sprinkle the sugar/flour mixture over the top of the apples and pears.
6. Fold the sides of the puff pastry dough up and around the outer edges of the apples and pears.
7. In another small mixing bowl (I use the same one I mixed the sugar/flour mixture in), combine the topping ingredients to form a crumble.
8. spread the mixture on top of the apples and pears.
9. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.