But I'm a little sad and also a little excited to announce that this was my last Auto Show media presentation meeting. As of yesterday I no longer work for KBA. I am officially a full time wife and mom! I won't miss another soup weather day again. So last night I made this delicious and easy chicken stew. I even made homemade cheese biscuits to go with it. Hey...I've got a lot more time on my hands.
SKILLET CHICKEN STEW
2 C. Celery, diced
2 C. leeks, sliced, rinsed
1 ½ C. carrots, thinly sliced
4 T. butter
1 C. cream
1 C. whole milk
2 t. Salt
2 t. sugar
2 large chicken breasts*
salt & Pepper
1 T. veg. oil
1. Season the chicken breast with salt & pepper. In a large skillet heat oil over high heat. Sear the chicken breasts on each side for 4 minutes. Turn down the heat, cover and continue to cook until the chicken is done; about 8-10 minutes.*
2. Remove the chicken from the pan and allow to cool slightly.
3. When cool, shred the chicken in bite size pieces.
4. In the same skillet over medium heat melt 4 T. butter. Add the celery, leeks and carrots. Sauté for 2-4 minutes. Cover and allow to cook for 4-5 minutes more.
5. Pour in the cream and milk and simmer until slightly thickened; about 4 minutes.
6. Stir in shredded chicken.
7. Season with salt and sugar.
8. Serve with croutons, biscuits or bread sticks.