Needless to say, our dinners this week haven't been too interesting or exciting. With the exception of Iliana's wonderful enchilada's, we've had frozen dinners, take-out and pizza. I did however manage to put together this yummy dessert with my mom's fresh raspberries. I just couldn't let them go to waste.
(Recipe from my mom Dixie Nordfelt)
1 C. brown sugar
½ C. chopped nuts (your choice)
1 C. rolled oats
1 C. flour
1 C. melted butter
1. Mix all ingredients and press into the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
2. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
3. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
1 8 oz. package cream cheese softened
½ C. sugar
2 T. lime juice
3 C. whipped cream (or Cool whip topping)
1. In a mixing bowl whip cream cheese, sugar and lime juice until well incorporated.
2. Fold in whipped cream
3. Spread mixture on top of cooled crust.
4. Allow to set up in refrigerator.
1 pkg. Danish Dessert
2-3 C. fresh or frozen raspberries
1. prepare Danish Dessert according to package instructions.
2. Add fresh raspberries.
3. Spread on to of chilled dessert.
4. Return to the refrigerator and chilled until serving.