COCONUT LIME COOKIES
½ C. butter
¾ C. white sugar
1 t. coconut extract
Juice of 1 lime
Zest of 1 lime
2 cups flour
1 t. cream of tartar
½ t. baking soda
½ t. salt
1. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
2. Add the coconut extract, lime juice, lime zest and mix well.
3. Beat in the egg, mix well.
4. Sift together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt and fold them into the butter mixture until a dough forms.
5. Place the dough on a sheet of wax paper and roll into a cylinder about 2 inches in diameter, twisting the ends of the paper together.
6. Place in the freezer until the dough is firm; about 15-30 minutes.
7. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
8. Peel the wax paper away from the cylinder and cut the dough into 1/4 inch round slices.
9. Place the cookies on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 5 to 7 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
11. When cool, frost with lime glaze frosting.
12. Makes about 24 cookies.
LIME GLAZE FROSTING
1 ½ C. Powdered Sugar
3 T. fresh lime juice
1 T. lime zest
1. Mix all ingredients until glaze is formed.