If anyone knows who or where this recipe idea originated, I'd love to know the story. And if you've never heard of it or tried it, you should!
(As a budget side note: this is probably the cheapest salad to make that will feed an army.)
SWEET ROMAN CHICKEN SALAD
(Recipe courtesy my Aunt Dana)
2 C. cooked and shredded chicken
3 pkg. Top Roman crushed
3 pkg. Top Roman seasonings
½ C. slice almonds
½ C. butter melted
1. Mix shredded cabbage and chicken in a large mixing bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the butter and roman seasoning. Add the crushed roman and almonds and stir to coat.
3. Place the roman mixture on a baking sheet and cook at 350 for 15 minutes or until crunchy. Cool.
4. Add the crunchy roman to the cabbage and chicken.
5. Top with the dressing (recipe below) and stir to coat.
6. Chill for 1 hour before serving.
¾ C. Veg. Oil
½ C. Rice Vinegar
¾ C. Sugar
1 T. Soy Sauce
1. Mix all ingredients and whip until combine. (I use a blender or hand mixer.)