MINDI'S SLOPPY JOES
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 T. olive oil
1 t. salt
½ t. pepper
1 large green pepper (or ½ red & ½ green); diced
1 small yellow onion; diced
1 (8oz.) can tomato sauce
1/3 C. ketchup
3 T. Dijon mustard (or regular mustard)
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/3 C. brown sugar
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1. In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
2. Add the carrots, celery, peppers, onion, garlic and the beef. Brown until the meat is done and the veggies are tender. Season with salt & pepper as they cook.
3. Add the tomato sauce, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and vinegar. Stir to combine.
4. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes or until all the flavors come together.
5. Serve with hamburger buns or a hard roll.